5 Steps to finding the best Medical Spa for YOU!
So many of our Miami clients are ready to have smooth, beautiful, younger looking skin. Shaving is outdated and who wants to wear foundation to cover up imperfections in the Florida heat? Many spa services claim to help you reach your ideal skin. The reality is, most of our skin damage is caused by the natural aging process and the environment. In order to reverse the hands of time and improve your appearance, a regular facial simply won’t cut it. This is why medical spa services in Miami are in such high demand. So weather you are interested in laser hair removal, photofacial, skin tightening or maybe even some Bototx and Juvederm, how do you know which Medical Spa is the best one for you and where do you start?
1 – Start the research process and find a list of Medical Spas in your area
Google is our best friend too! So start the search there. Read about the local medical spas and the services they offer. Look at before and after pictures on the website and educate yourself on the treatments that may help your skin care concerns. The more you know about the procedure, the better questions you will ask during your consultation and find a Medical Spa that fits your needs.
Friend refers and word of mouth are usually the easiest way to find a gem that you may not even find online. If you have a friend or a colleague who has beautiful skin or brags about their laser hair removal results. Ask where they went, most of the time you will even get a referral discount!
2 – Research, Research and Research!
Once you find a couple of clinics that interest you find out as much as you can about them. Check out what others have to say on review websites such as Yelp, Facebook, Google Plus and all over the web. The more you know, the wiser you are. Keep in mind, no one is perfect and mistakes do happen. Don’t dismiss a medical spa just because of a bad review or a couple of unhappy clients during a span of a couple years. See how the spa handled the review or the complain and what steps that have taken to remedy the situation. Most side effects with laser procedures are not permanent and are able to be corrected with proper care .
3 – Go on, make the first step!
Once you have a list of the places, reach out and call them! Do a phone interview and write out a list of questions you may have. Tell the receptionist your concerns and see if she could give you a recommendation over the phone. Ask what type of laser they use for laser hair removal and other laser skin treatments. Find out how long they have in business and their overall experience in the filed. Of course, prices are also important! If everything fits the bill, schedule a complimentary consultation and a test spot to see how the laser affects your skin.
4 – Interview the Medical Spa in person!
A consultation is a great way to begin a relationship. Come in and get a feel for the spa and trust your instincts as soon as you walk in. Allow the practicer to examine your skin, give you a treatment plan and an estimate of how much it would cost you. All quotes are usually provided in writing with an expiration of 30 days after your initial consultation. Avalon Medical Spa composed a list of the most common and necessary questions to ask!
- What qualifications do you have as a practitioner?
- What type of device are you going to be using? (Options are: Alexandrite, Nd:YAG, Ruby, IPL, Diode etc)
- How many years of experience do you have with this device?
- How old is the laser and how many procedures have been done on it?
- Is the device FDA approved?
- Is my hair and skin colour suitable for laser hair removal?
- What kind of results can I expect?
- How many treatments will I need to get the desired results?
- If my skin does not respond and I do not see improvement, what is your policy?
- How much does it cost?
- How much pain will the treatment cause?
- What brand of device (this is the brand name not the laser type) are you going to be using?
- Do you provide any anaesthetic for dealing with the pain?
- What side effects can I expect to get from this device?
- Do you use any type of cooling system during the treatment?
- Do you offer a written guarantee for permanent hair reduction?
- What are the benefits of using this device over other devices on the market?
- If I receive a burn from your treatment, what is your policy?
5 – Test drive it!
Would you buy a car before you test drive it or a house before you walk inside? Of course not! Most practitioners are more then happy to offer a complimentary test spot to allow you to see not only how the laser feels but also how your skin reacts to it. The test spot and your first treatment will always be done on the side of caution. After all, it is much easier to prevent complications then to reverse them when it happens.
If you are ready to make a commitment to beautiful hair free skin – Avalon Medical Spa is the right choice for you. We are proud to say that our clients rave about their results and our customer service! Weather you need laser hair removal or Botox – come and experience the difference for your self by calling us at 305-918-2007 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org